As we see the increase in Corvid-19 cases being reported, and the CDC recommendation social distancing and many hospitals and clinics have started restricting access over COVID-19 concerns. I want to remind all our members that there is a second option for non-emergency care that is a no-cost option for you.
Recently you should have received a flier introducing you to Teladoc. This program is apart of your health care plan and with Teladoc you are able to contact board-certified doctors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and it’s covered 100% with no copayments. Unfortunately, due to the coronavirus outbreak, people are experiencing longer than usual wait times. We understand that unexpected wait times can be frustrating, especially when you’re not feeling well. As they work to serve high demand, Teladoc Health is taking the following action:
- They have updated their phone, web, and App messaging to transparently share that they are experiencing higher than usual call volumes and to provide useful information about COVID‐19 while they wait.
- For members who are new to using Teladoc, we recommend visiting their website for answers to frequently asked questions at the start. In advance of their first visit, members should also set up their Teladoc account and share their medical history on the app or on our account set up page.
- For fastest support, we encourage members to make visit requests by mobile App or web rather than by phone. You can download the App on the App Store or Google Play.
- For those who choose to call Teladoc, they have implemented technology that enables members to request a callback from a service representative to help register, request a visit, or get support rather than waiting on hold.
- After a visit request is initiated, members are encouraged to be available and ready to promptly answer our callbacks, as requests will be considered canceled after two unanswered callback attempts by a doctor. In unique circumstances where a doctor is unable to connect with the member after at least one callback attempt during a 10-hour period, we will cancel the visit request and communicate that change to the member by email.
Please take advantage of this program if possible. This will limit your exposure, as well as time spent sitting in waiting rooms and is no cost to you. Please click on the links below to learn more.
IBEW Local 343