ELECTRICAL APPRENTICESHIP INSTRUCTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Applications must be submitted ASAP
Position Key Role:
The South Central MN JATC is currently accepting resumes for the position of a full time day school instructor for the Inside Wireman Apprenticeship Program. The position will be for the Mankato Training Center.
- Possess a current MN Journeyworker Electrical License.
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Code, electrical theory, and the electrical industry.
- Basic computer skills.
- Initiative, drive, motivation, and a desire to build quality into the electrical industry through training.
- A positive attitude toward both NECA and the IBEW.
- Ability to work in both team and independent environments.
- Successful completion of the IBEW/NECA sponsored Inside Wireman Apprenticeship Program.
- Teaching and/or curriculum development experience.
- Experience and familiarity with the IBEW/NECA.
- Microsoft Office Suite, Google Documents,
Basic Job Description (to evolve as dictated by program development):
- Teach apprenticeship classes as dictated by the program schedule. Prior teaching experience is not mandatory. We will provide training on successful teaching methods.
- Assist and advise students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, career concerns, and other academic matters.
- Monitor and evaluate apprentice classroom performance and attendance.
- Maintain orderly classrooms, labs and facilities.
- Curriculum development and maintenance, using national curriculum as a base.
- Assist the Training Director with activities as directed.
- Occasional training and travel.
- Wages and benefits will be based on the current Local Union 343 inside Agreement at Journeyman rate.
Job Type: Full-time
How to apply: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org