The latest updated on receiving unemployment insurance for people that are newly applying and the extra 600
What you need to know:
- The first week for which you can get the additional $600 is the week beginning March 29th.
- You can request the week of March 29th on or after April 5th.
- You do not need to do anything to get the additional $600. they will automatically add it to your payment AFTER you request benefits for the week of March 29th (and every week after that you are eligible).
- If you are receiving your unemployment benefits via direct deposit, the additional amount will show up on your bank statement as a separate transaction as of now, and this could change.
- You don’t need to tell them you have exhausted your benefits – just continue requesting benefits every week.
- Once they get instructions from USDOL, they will be able to detect everyone eligible for Extended Benefits and add those benefits to their account.
- They can then automatically pay you for any weeks you had requested.
- They will let you know if they need additional information from you.
Information I have been given says it may take up to two to three weeks until you get your first payment, April 21st could be how long you could wait, and affect new people applying for benefits as well.
If there are any questions, don’t hesitate to call or email me Justin Pruett 1(507)577-1109 justinp@IBEWlocal343.org